Serving owner-managed private businesses is a large and important part of our firm here at Manning Elliott. We are fortunate to serve a diverse and growing group of entrepreneurs with whom we have built many close working relationships. Our focus has always been to provide a full range of CPA accounting, taxation services, and business advisory services to help private companies achieve their business objectives and financial targets. We understand the challenges that private business owners face and we are able to provide practical private practice accounting solutions plus professional business advisory services to alleviate those concerns.
We believe that building strong client relationships helps us to better understand our clients’ needs, and allows us to work effectively together to achieve the best possible outcomes to any business or financial matter. In addition, our team approach assures that all our private practice accounting clients have access to the extensive expertise of all our partners.
The focus of our private company practice is on financial reporting and compliance, but we also offer private business owners a broad range of tax planning and business advisory services.
Financial Reporting and Compliance Services
- Private practice accounting and audit assurance services to help develop financial statements
- Income tax return preparation for corporations, individuals, estates, and trusts (for Canadian and US tax filers)
- Commodity tax return preparation (GST, PST, and HST)
- Specialized reporting on corporate governance matters including internal control and system reviews
- Specialized reporting on compliance with business agreements and regulatory requirements
- Private practice bookkeeping, payroll, and part-time controllership services
Tax Planning Services
- Business and asset ownership structuring to minimize overall tax costs to a private business and its owners
- Structuring business transactions to reduce overall tax costs associated with the purchase or sale of a business, or of business assets
- Restructuring and transferring corporate ownership interests and private business asset ownership
Business Advisory Services
- Business structuring, strategic planning, and assistance with the development of business plans and financial forecasts
- Development and implementation of operational and reporting systems to improve the efficiency of private business operations and increase financial performance
- Identifying business development opportunities to enhance a private company’s growth and value
- Business transition, business succession, and estate planning
- Assistance with the development of financing proposals
- Advisory services for business mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture transactions including business brokerage services
- Private business valuation and wealth planning services
- Assistance with the structuring of compensation arrangements for private business owners and employees
Contact Our Private Business Chartered Professional Accountants Today
Manning Elliott LLP is one of Vancouver’s leading mid-sized accounting firms. For over 60 years we’ve been providing CPA accounting and taxation services to private businesses throughout the Lower Mainland, the Fraser Valley and the province of BC.
Manning Elliott has three BC locations to serve you including on the 11th floor of 1050 West Pender Street Vancouver, Suite 201-2001 McCallum Road in Abbotsford, and Suite 302-2626 Croydon Drive in Surrey BC.
We welcome the opportunity to be part of your team, to act as your financial and business advisors, and help your private company reach its financial objectives.