Manning Elliott has a long history of providing service excellence to Not-For-Profit Organizations, Foundations, and Charities (NPOs). Our CPA professionals are regarded as accounting and advisory experts serving this sector of the Lower Mainland’s economy. Over the years, our CPA accounting firm has invested considerable resources in training a team of professionals in this specialty area of practice.
Manning Elliott’s accounting and taxation professionals regularly present a well-received seminar called "Financial Management for Not-For-Profit Organizations." For the past decade, this seminar has provided practical and relevant information to hundreds of executives and staff members involved with the management of NPOs and other non-profits.
As one of the largest independently-owned accounting firms in the Lower Mainland, with 200+ staff members located in four offices (downtown Vancouver, Burnaby, Surrey, and Abbotsford BC), Manning Elliott has the resources to ensure that we can fulfill all of our commitments to your NPO, foundation, or charity.
Not-for-Profit Financial Reporting & Compliance Services
- Accounting and audit assurance services to support the development of financial statements for a not-for-profit business
- Specialized reporting on corporate governance matters including internal control and system reviews
- Specialized reporting on compliance with business agreements and regulatory requirements
- Not for profit bookkeeping, payroll, and part-time controllership services
Business Advisory Services for Non-Profits
- Business structuring, strategic planning, and assistance with the development of not-for-profit business plans and financial forecasts
- Development and implementation of operational and reporting systems to improve the efficiency of not-for-profit business operations and increase financial performance
- Assistance with the development of financing proposals
While these accounting and taxation services shape the foundation of our relationship with you, we believe that the expert guidance we provide during our year-end engagement helps your non profit organization make decisions in a timely, cost-effective manner. For example, we regularly attend meetings with management, boards of directors, and members to explain financial statement results in clear, understandable terms.
In some cases foundations, charities and NPO organizations may ask for a specific review of their systems of internal control, beyond the limited work performed in this regard during a financial statement audit. We have extensive experience with offering this service in an affordable manner.
Membership with BC Non-Profit Housing Association
Formed 25 years ago, BC Non-Profit Housing Association (BCNPHA) is the provincial umbrella organization for the non-profit housing sector comprised of nearly 600 members, including non-profit housing societies, businesses, individuals, partners and stakeholders. Together non-profit housing societies manage more than 60,000 units of long-term, affordable housing in over 1,500 buildings across the province.
Contact Us About Our Non-Profit Accounting Services
As a leading Vancouver accounting firm for over 65 years, Manning Elliott LLP has successfully offered professional non profit accounting services to many of the lower mainland’s foundations, charities, and NPOs.
We welcome the opportunity to be part of your team, help your organization realize its financial objectives, and act as advisors on NPO accounting and regulatory matters, as well as internal control and governance issues.