With the Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (FIPA) with China having come into effect on October 1st, 2014, the opportunities for cross-border investments and trade between China and Canada will continue to increase. Accompanying the opportunities, however, are the challenges and issues from these increasingly complex cross-border business transactions. Manning Elliott has a dedicated and experienced team of bilingual professional staff providing tax, advisory and assurance services tailored to the personal and business needs of investors and business people from China who are seeking investment projects, or have already invested in Canada.
We provide advice to corporations and individuals on estabilishing, investing, financing and managing their business in Canada. We take a hands-on approach with you - and will work hard to ensure that you are fully informed of the legal and regulatory, tax and financial implications of the decisions that you make. We offer the following services:
Assurance & Advisory Services:
- Assistance with complex accounting, financial reporting and compliance issues
- Assistance with IPO, prospectuses, information circulars, filing statements and other regulatory filings
- Audit and review of financial statements
- Design of corporate structures
- Going public in Canada and the United States
- Merger and acquisition due diligence audits
- Review of internal controls and corporate governance
- Cross-border tax planning to Canada and the United States
- Estate planning, businss succession and retirement
- Foreign property reporting and tax compliance
- Non-resident tax compliance
- Tax compliance for corporation and individuals
Our team understands that individuals and businesses have unique attributes. We have extensive experience with working with cross-border investors, specifically those from China and Hong Kong. Our knowledge and technical expertise enables us to deliver practical solutions tailored to the objectives of our clients and their specific circumstances.
We assist businesses and individuals from the earliest stage. Whether it is establishing a corporate structure for tax minimization or designing a business succession and retirement plan, our trusted team of qualified professional staff are here to help you succeed and to assist you in achieving your business goals in North America.
Contact Us Today
We welcome the opportunity to be part of your team, help your organization reach its financial objectives, and act as financial and business advisors. We encourage you to contact us today.