- Permanent, Full-Time
- Senior Tax Manager/Tax Partner
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Designated CPA
- Enrolled or completion of CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Minimum of 3+ years of tax experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information and concepts to diverse audiences
- Strong tax compliance background. Tax planning and asset.
- Sound professional judgement
- Strong client relationship and client advisory skills
- Experience in delivery of quality client service
- Strong language skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to successfully lead, coach and mentor team members
- Strong depth and breadth of technical knowledge
- Thorough knowledge and application of relevant professional standards, emerging laws and regulations and corporate governance requirements
- Reviewing corporate tax and compliance engagements
- Preparing accurate tax correspondence, tax research and memos
- Developing and building relationships with members of the tax community and associated stakeholder groups
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior staff within the tax department and firm
- Analyzing and researching tax transactions and tax planning, ensuring recommendations and solutions are provided in a timely and accurate manner
- Manages and prioritizes multiple engagements
- Responsible for all aspects of client service
- Production and billing management
- Actively supports and participates in firm wide initiatives
- Participates in the firm’s Team Development and Performance Management Program Promotes the firm’s Quality Control Standards
- The salary range for this position is $105,000 to $128,000. Individual salaries within this range will be dependent upon skills, experience, and qualifications.
Purpose of Role
Manning Elliott is seeking an experienced and accomplished Canadian Tax Manager to join the Firm’s tax practice. Our tax practice encompasses a diverse collection of rapidly growing public and private clients operating across a wide range of industries.
We are one of the largest independent regional accounting and business advisory firms operating exclusively in British Columbia. We offer an exceptional work environment that allows our team members to enjoy a balanced lifestyle while providing them with opportunities for professional and personal growth. Our attractive salary and comprehensive benefits package and flexible summer work schedule will appeal to talented individuals who share our desire to be the best. If you have strong technical and interpersonal skills and desire a challenging position with a progressive accounting firm, please apply below.