Senior Accountant, Quality, Risk and Compliance
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Senior Manager/Partner, QRC Group
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Designated CPA
- 1-2 years post-designation experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with public company audit and assurance work
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Canadian and US Auditing Standards and IFRS. Knowledge of US GAAP is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of controls and risk management practices, including SOX.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- A detail-oriented mindset with a logical and process-driven approach to compliance and risk management.
- Excellent organisational and administration skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage competing deadlines.
- Collaborative and respectful approach to audit quality and compliance, as well as the ability to establish positive rapport with internal stakeholders.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and implementation of policy, procedures, projects and other initiatives, to support Manning Elliott’s strategic and quality objectives.
- Supports and develops existing quality and compliance projects.
- Maintains and updates the Firm’s compliance register and coordinates across various internal teams to ensure compliance activities are completed, recorded, and compliant with Firm policies.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the Firm quality controls, identifying areas for improvement and suggesting corrective actions as necessary.
- Produces concise and complete reports for review by QRC Senior Manager and Partner.
- Applies technical knowledge and research in assessing Firm wide processes and controls, and contributes to the development of effective quality systems.
- Actively supports and participates in Firm wide initiatives aimed at strengthening Firm internal processes and controls.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills and able to work effectively with Pubco accountants, seniors, and administrative assistants.
- Collaborates with Pubco and other Firm members to ensure effective communication and dissemination of key information pertaining to quality, risk, and compliance matters.
- Actively supports and participates in firm wide initiatives.
- Participates in the Firm’s Team Development and Performance Management Program.
- Promotes the Firm’s Quality Control Standards
Purpose of Role:
Under the supervision of the Quality, Risk and Compliance (QRC) Group Senior Manager and Partner, the Senior Accountant, Quality, Risk and Compliance Specialist supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of Manning Elliott’s System of Quality Management (SQM). The role itself is varied and diverse and provides opportunities to develop expertise through the application of a holistic approach to quality, risk, and compliance. This is a rare opportunity suitable for a candidate that wants to excel in a unique role that provides exposure to all aspects of quality management for a mid-sized Firm.
Manning Elliott is one of the largest mid-sized independent regional accounting firms operating exclusively in British Columbia. Manning Elliott has acquired the best environmental qualities from small and large organizations, resulting in an individually catered working and training environment. Our goal is to provide a workplace that focuses on a broader range of engagements than that of many other firms.
Our partners work closely with staff on all engagements, so you can expect to have professional and social interactions between not only yourself and your peers, but also senior staff; many of which are former articling students, who have climbed the corporate ladder to Manager and Partner positions.
At Manning Elliott, we offer an exceptional work environment that allows our team members to enjoy a balanced lifestyle while providing them with opportunities for professional and personal growth. Our attractive salary and benefit package and flexible summer work schedule will appeal to talented individuals who share our desire to be the best.