Manager, Public Company
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Senior Manager/Partner
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Personal Attributes:
- Completion of CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years post-designation in Public Practice.
- Significant audit and assurance experience working with Canadian Auditing Standards. Experience with US Audit Standards (PCAOB and AICPA) and internal controls is an asset.
- Strong public company IFRS and US GAAP skills.
- Strong experience cultivating new clients and building lasting relationships by providing exceptional service to clients.
- Committed to continuous learning and developing professionally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong presentation skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a coaching or mentoring capacity to other team members.
- High attention to detail and comfortable working within and meeting tight deadlines.
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects to meet tight deadlines and client expectations.
- Manage and direct your team by clearly setting and communicating company and client expectations.
- Actively participate and manage the training and development of your team while being an advocate of development through promoting a culture of learning.
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting team and other departments.
- Manage advisory and assurance engagements for multiple public company clients simultaneously.
- Actively support and participate in firm wide initiatives.
- Promote the firm’s Quality Control Standards.
- Participate in the firm’s Team Development and Performance Management Program.
- Manning Elliott offers competitive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Purpose of Role:
Manning Elliott is seeking a motivated and accomplished Manager for our Public Company division. In this role, you will be responsible for managing expectations for your team and ensuring exceptional client service is provided. You will assist your existing clients by identifying and evaluating new business opportunities. Additionally, you will be committed to the development of your team and take pride in the work you and your team produce.
Manning Elliott is one of the largest mid-sized independent regional accounting firms operating exclusively in British Columbia. Manning Elliott has acquired the best environmental qualities from small and large organizations, resulting in an individually catered working and training environment. Our goal is to provide a workplace that focuses on a broader range of engagements than that of many other firms.
Our partners work closely with staff on all engagements, so you can expect to have professional and social interactions between not only yourself and your peers, but also senior staff; many of which are former articling students, who have climbed the corporate ladder to Manager and Partner positions.
At Manning Elliott, we offer an exceptional work environment that allows our team members to enjoy a balanced lifestyle while providing them with opportunities for professional and personal growth. Our attractive salary and benefit package and flexible summer work schedule will appeal to talented individuals who share our desire to be the best.
If you have strong technical and interpersonal skills and desire a challenging position with a progressive accounting firm, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply online at https://www.manningelliott.com/careers-opportunities