Serving owner-managed private businesses is a large and important practice area of Manning Elliott. We are honoured to work with a growing and diverse group of entrepreneurs to help them achieve their business goals and financial targets.
Our team members are focused on providing you with a full range of accounting and advisory services to help you enhance the success and value of your business. Our creative professionals understand the many challenges that business owners face and are able to provide practical solutions to their financial issues.
With Manning Elliott as part of your team, you have ready access to partners and professionals with a vast range of expertise covering virtually every major industry and profession. Our team approach helps ensure responsiveness, quality work and continuity of staff. We pride ourselves on personalized service and strive to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our private company practice area focuses on delivering financial reporting and compliance services as well as offering business owners a broad range of tax planning and business advisory services.
Financial Reporting and Compliance Services
- Accounting and audit assurance services to support the development of financial statements for a business
- Income tax return preparation for corporations, individuals, estates and trusts for Canadian and US tax filers
- Commodity tax return preparation (HST and soon to again be GST and PST)
- Specialized reporting on corporate governance matters including internal control and system reviews
- Specialized reporting on compliance with business agreements and regulatory requirements
- Bookkeeping, payroll and part-time controllership services
Tax Planning Services
- Business and asset ownership structuring to minimize overall tax costs to a business and its owners
- Structuring business transactions to reduce the overall tax costs associated with the purchase or sale of a business or of business assets
- Restructuring and transferring corporate ownership interests and business asset ownership
Business Advisory Services
- Business structuring, strategic planning and assistance with the development of business plans and financial forecasts
- Development and implementation of operational and reporting systems to improve the efficiency of business operations and increase financial performance
- Indentifying business development opportunities to enhance a company’s growth and value
- Business transition, succession and estate planning
- Assistance with developing financing proposals
- Advisory services for business mergers, acquisitions and divestiture transactions including business brokerage services
- Business valuation and wealth planning services
- Assistance with the structuring of compensation arrangements for owners and employees
Our Private Company Practice Partners and Principals